Sunday - June 7, 2015
Iron Horse Boulevard, Simsbury, CT
Start Time: 10K 7:30, 5K & Half 7:45, Kids 10:30
|Note: Road Closures occur prior to first event.|
Event Start TimesFor safety reasons, please plan to arrive prior to first event!
|6:00 a.m.||Registration opens for all events at the Bandshell|
|7:30 a.m.||10K starts
(corner of Mallway/Ironhorse Blvd)
|7:45 a.m.||5K and Half Marathon start
5K - corner of Wilcox & Ironhorse Blvd
Half - corner of Phelps Lane & Ironhorse Blvd
|9:00 a.m.||5K Awards at the Bandshell|
|9:15 a.m.||10K Awards at the Bandshell
|10:00 a.m.||Half Marathon Awards at the Bandshell|
|10:30 a.m.||HMF FitKids Run|
Amica Victory Podium Photo Booth: Amica Insurance wants to celebrate with you after the race! Whether you’re running the half marathon, 10K or 5K, or you’re supporting friends or family, stop by the Amica tent to celebrate your accomplishment with a photo on the Amica Victory Podium.
Great food, music and race award presentations await your arrival at the finish area at the Bandshell at Simsbury Meadows on Iron Horse Boulevard.
Finish Line Village
Participants and spectators in the Amica Iron Horse Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K experience our Finish Line Village. The exhibitors promote health and fitness for both adults and children.
Parking is located at the commuter parking lots located on Iron Horse Blvd. Click here for additional parking locations in Simsbury.
After 6:45 a.m., access to the parking lots must be made from Rte. 10.
$189.00+ preferred corporate rate per room per night for single or double occupancy.
$169.00+ preferred corporate rate per room per night for single or double occupancy.
The Hartford Marathon Foundation has an emergency texting service in place to be used in situations such as event cancellations or other emergencies where information needs to be delivered directly to you. We will be using this system for this event.
If we have changes to a race at the last minute, we can text you and inform you of the issue and what the plan is for the day of the race, and potentially save you time, money and sleep.
NOTE: We never use this information for anything other than real emergencies.
Sign up today!
Text IRONHORSE to 84483 to receive Amica Iron Horse Half Marathon, 10K & 5K alerts from HMF Events.
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib). Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.5K, 10K and Half Marathon CATEGORIES:
- Top three overall male and female finishers
- Male Age Group
- Female Age Group
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
AGE GROUP DIVISIONS:
- Half - 5-year age groups 15-80+, and 12-14 (Half Marathon will be timed both gun and chip)
- 10K - 5-year age groups from 10-80+, 9 & under
- 5K - 5-year age groups from 9 & under, 10-80+
- Top 3 overall male/female
- Top 3 in each male/female age division
- Finisher medals to all children in the HMF FitKids Run
- All registered runners in the Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K will receive a finisher medal.
No "double dipping"
Please click here to view important information for disabled athletes at all HMF events.In addition, the following applies to disabled athletes participating in the Amica Iron Horse Half Marathon, 10K & 5K:
- No early race start for any event
- Congested roads with runners in both directions
- Expected finish time cannot be faster than 1 hour and 08 minutes for half marathon or 0:30 minutes for 10K
- Specific meeting area before and after race (if secured by partner organization)