Sunday - June 1, 2014
Iron Horse Boulevard, Simsbury, CT
Start Time: 10K 7:30 AM, 5K & Half 7:45 AM, Kids 10:30 AM
|Note: Road Closures occur prior to first event.|
Race Start is on Iron Horse Blvd. approximately 1/2 mile north of the intersection of Iron Horse and Drake Hill Road. Plan to arrive at least 60 minutes early – Iron Horse Boulevard will be shut to traffic at 6:45 a.m.
The Half Marathon is relatively flat with no major hills. It follows the Farmington River on country roads and uses portions of the paved bike path. Roads used include Drake Hill, Riverside, Terry’s Plain, Quarry Road, Rte. 315 and Iron Horse. Course limit is 3 hours for the Half Marathon.
The 10K follows the same route as the Half Marathon, only using one loop of the course. The 10K is flat, scenic, and loaded with volunteer support.
The 5K event starts with the Half Marathon and follows portions of the 10K route.
Amica Iron Horse 10K
Amica Iron Horse 5K
Click here to read information regarding course length for USATF certified courses.
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns.
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile.
- Mile clocks at several locations along the course.
- This race is timed using the B Tag Chip system. The official timer is Bay State Race Services
- Fluid Locations: every 1 - 2 miles along the course and Start and Finish Line.
- Portalets located along the course.
- Medical personnel.
- Carbo-gel at mile 8
Male: 1:10:38 set in 2012 by Brian Fuller of Ludlow, MA
Female: 1:23:21 set in 2004 by Maureen Terwilliger of Guilford, CT
Male: 33:20 set in 2013 by Brian Nelson
Female: 36:13 set in 2014 by Katie Edwards of South Glastonbury, CT
Male: 15:53 set in 2014 by Colin Sauter of Tolland, CT
Female: 19:54 set in 2011 by Mary McNally of West Simsbury, CT