New England's Finest
ARE YOU ONE OF NEW ENGLAND’S FINEST RUNNERS?
Following the success of the New England’s Finest program in previous years, race organizers are once again helping New England Runner magazine lay out the red carpet for the 2013 extravaganza. In 2010, we extended the program to our talented neighbors in New York as well. Invitations will be sent out in the spring to selected athletes from last year's NEF program as well as runners who have caught our eye by excelling in their sport.
While we freely admit to culling most invited athletes from the NER database, anyone who’s lived in the New England area or New York for at least six months is free to apply through the marathon’s website. There will also be updates on the ING Hartford marathon website and in the NER magazine.
As a member of this elite program, New England’s Finest runners are eligible for additional prize money up and above the standard awards. The New England’s Finest bonus money corresponds to the finishing place of program participants.
If you are a New England or New York resident (determined by the state in which you are registered to vote) and have excelled at our sport, the ING Hartford Marathon and New England Runner want to acknowledge your accomplishments during the ING Hartford Marathon and Half Marathon.
Entry must be completed no later than July 12, 2013 to be included in the New England magazine special section.
If selected as one of our invited ING Hartford Marathon or Half Marathon runners in the New England’s Finest program, your invitation will include:
- Complimentary race entry for you and your traveling companion
- Hotel accommodations for one night (Friday, October 11th - one room). Please note that athletes living within 40 miles of Hartford are not eligible for hotel accommodations.
- Mileage reimbursement (not to exceed $150)
- New England’s Finest technical apparel
- Your featured bio and photo in a special supplement in New England Runner Magazine, September 2013
- Special assistance from Elite Athlete committee including fluid placement on course, pre-race course review, escort to race start.
- Access to Invited Athlete Hospitality Suite in the host hotel
- Access to the Elite Athlete Tent at race start/finish (massage, refreshments, facilities)
To apply, athletes must submit an HMF entry form and waiver, completed Elite Runner Questionnaire, and a biography with cover letter detailing your qualifications for participation. The application must be received by July 12, 2013.