NU Hartford Marathon Course Support
COURSE AMENITIES & RUNNERS PERKS
GU Energy Gel will be located at Mile 6 (Half), Mile 8.5, 13.5, & 20.5 (Full), and unique to the Hartford Marathon: GU Energy Gel on Demand – our course bicyclists will carry GU Energy Gel on their bikes to be given as needed along the course.
PLEASE DON’T LITTER ALONG THE COURSE – DISPOSE OF CUPS AND PACKS IN RECEPTACLES PROVIDED.
HALF MARATHON: Mile 2, 3, 4.5, 6, 7, 8.5, 10, 11.5
- Injured runners will be transported either to the Medical Unit at the finish line or to Hartford Hospital (emergency phone: 860-545-5000).
- All runners are asked to help by reporting injuries or downed runners to fluid station personnel or route monitors along the course.
- Runners unable to finish the race may stop at any fluid station along the course for assistance.
- Sweep vans pick up runners when possible and drop them off at the finish area.
- Do not cross the finish line with your B-Tag if you have not completed the entire race distance for which you are entered.
- If you drop out of the race, remove your B-Tag and dispose it before crossing the finish line.
- We strongly recommend no headphones. Keeping runners safe is a priority concern. For this reason, the use of headphones is strongly discouraged.
- No one is allowed on the course without a properly issued race number.
- Spectators must stay clear of the course and off the roads to avoid interfering with the runners.
- Spectators - Please watch your children at all times. There will be thousands of participants and spectators at the events.
- Bikers should stay well off the course and watch for spectators as much as for runners.
- No vehicles of any kind are allowed on the course. The course can be crossed only at designated intersections.
- No dogs allowed on the course. Spectators - Please keep your dogs at home for the safety of runners and other spectators.