New England's Finest
Saturday - October 10, 2015
Bushnell Park, Hartford, CT
Start Time: 8:00 AM (Wheelchair Start: 7:55 AM)
I wanted to say thank you for such an amazing experience in Hartford last week. It was so well run, and professional, yet still fun and carefree. I really enjoyed myself...and all of your hard work was so evident.
- Diane Senecal, NEF Runner, 1st Place Master's Marathon, 2014
Thank you so much for EVERYTHING at the Hartford Half Marathon. I have never had so much fun at a race in my life! I hope to run it every year, hopefully faster each time! It was so well organized. I am proud to have been a runner in the NEF program.
- Kristina Gracey, NEF Runner, 2014
ARE YOU ONE OF NEW ENGLAND’S FINEST RUNNERS?
Following the success of the New England’s Finest (NEF) program in previous years, race organizers and New England Runner (NER) magazine will invite selected athletes who excelled at last year's race as well as runners who have caught our eye during the year. Invitations will be sent out in the spring.
While we freely admit to culling most invited athletes from the NER database, anyone who has lived in the New England area or New York for at least six months, and is a US citizen, is free to apply through the NU Hartford Marathon website. There will also be updates on the NU Hartford Marathon website and in the NER magazine.
As a member of this elite program, New England’s Finest runners are eligible for additional prize money above the standard awards. The New England’s Finest bonus money corresponds to the finishing place of program participants.
If you are a New England or New York resident (determined by the state in which you are registered to vote) and have excelled at our sport, the NU Hartford Marathon and New England Runner want to acknowledge your accomplishments during the NU Hartford Marathon and Half Marathon.
Entry must be completed no later than July 15, 2015 to be included in the New England magazine special section of New England Runner.
If selected as one of our invited NU Hartford Marathon or Half Marathon runners in the New England’s Finest program, your invitation will include:
- Complimentary race entry for you and your traveling companion
- Hotel accommodations for one night (Friday, October 9th - one room). Please note that athletes living within 40 miles of Hartford are not eligible for hotel accommodations.
- Mileage reimbursement (not to exceed $150)
- New England’s Finest technical apparel
- Your featured bio and photo in a special supplement in New England Runner Magazine, September 2015
- Special assistance from Elite Athlete committee including fluid placement on course, pre-race course review, escort to race start.
- Access to Invited Athlete Hospitality Suite in the host hotel
- Access to the Elite Athlete Tent at race start/finish (massage, refreshments, facilities)
To apply, athletes must submit a completed Elite Runner Questionnaire, and a biography with cover letter detailing your qualifications for participation. The application must be received by July 15, 2015. Race registration will be online for all NEF athletes after acceptance into the NEF program.