Thursdays - June 20, July 18, Aug 22, 2013
Mortensen Riverfront Plaza, Hartford CT
X-treme Scramble preparing for X-treme Heat – July 18, 2013
The Scramble will run on July 18th. We are taking lots of precautions for the heat. You should too. Drink lots of water and come into the run fully hydrated.
- The race has been changed to a fun run.
- Registered participants may elect to run the “Virtual Run”, collect a t-shirt, enjoy the post-race refreshments and great jazz music and never actually break a sweat.
- Course will be shortened to 2 miles of the most shaded portion of the Riverfront Path.
- 2 Water stations will be available on the course.
- 2 sprinklers spraying athletes along the course (located at the water stops).
- Finish will be in the shade.
- HMF misting tent will be available after the finish chute.
- Registration will be on the river level, under the bridge, in the shade. We will have signage and volunteers to direct people to that location.
- We are doubling up on the amount of water for participants.
- The 125 gallon Water monster will be onsite (able to provide 2000 8 oz. cups of water).
- An ice bath pool will be available after the finish chute to quickly cool down overheated runners.
- Ice cold sponges will be distributed to all finishers.
- Great medical coverage.