Kick off the Amherst Half Marathon Weekend with this enjoyable one loop 5K course through Amherst College, along paved roads, and sections of trail. The route starts at the Amherst Alumni House following roads until entering onto the Norwottuck Rail Trail. Once on the trail, a pancake flat out and back before finishing in front of the Amherst College Athletic Facilities.
Male: 17:28 – set by Lindsay Smith in 2017
Female: 20:18 – set by Lucy Howard in 2017
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
All awards based on gun time.
No “double dipping”
- Fluid station (Water Only) start/finish, one location along the route
- Off road sections on the course, baby joggers are discouraged