Take a New England foliage tour through the quaint town of Amherst, into quiet residential roads and along the Norwottuck Rail Trail. Race start is on Massachusetts Ave at the heart of UMass campus. A quick right turn brings runners through the town center and past eclectic and unique shops and businesses. After a quick two miles on Route 116, runners turn left onto Shay Street and head toward South Amherst Common before turning left onto the Norwottuck Rail Trail. A right turn off the rail trail will bring runners onto S. East Street before a steady climb to Cushman Common. A downhill approach throughout UMass brings runner to the finish at Haigis Mall.
Male: 1:16:38 – set by Ethan Nedeau in 2017
Female: 1:25:42 – set by Jennifer Pajer in 2017
Be part of the Amherst Half Marathon Weekend and earn some extra bling! Run the 5K on Saturday and the Half Marathon on Sunday and earn a charm to add to your Half Marathon medal!
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 5 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards & Prize Money to the Top 5 Overall Male & Female: $250, $150, $100, $75, $50
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
Prize money awarded on gun time, all others awarded on chip time.
No “double dipping”
Course limit is 3 hours for the Amherst Half. To finish within these time limits you must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. More…
- This race is timed using the B Tag Chip system. The official timer is Bay State Race Services
- Fluid Locations (Water & Gatorade)
- Pre/Post Race
- Mile 1.5
- Mile 2.9
- Mile 4.5
- Mile 6.0
- Mile 7.4
- Mile 9.1
- Mile 10.1
- Mile 12
- GU Energy Gel: Start Line
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Entertainment: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Medical personnel