Course starts on Burr Street and ends on Isham Road near the gazebo in Blue Back Square. The course is a single loop along the residential streets of West Hartford with a mixture of flats and deceiving rolling hills.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Male: 15:29 – set by Everett Hackett in 2017
Female: 17:13 – set by Marisa Clapp in 2009
Due to the number of participants in the event and the available road width at the starting line and along the course, the race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.7
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race
- Medical personnel