The 5 Mile is a fun route for runners and walkers. The loop course starts on Iron Horse Boulevard and finishes at the Simsbury Performing Arts Center.
The race start is located on Iron Horse Boulevard and will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib). Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 2.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race
- Medical personnel
- Event alert system notifications in the pre-race area and at the water station. More…
Course limit is 1 hour and 15 minutes for the Donny’s Dash 5 Mile. To finish within these time limits you must maintain a pace of approximately 15:00 minutes per mile. More…