New course for 2021! The Eversource Hartford Half Marathon showcases vibrant neighborhoods of Hartford and beautiful views along the Connecticut River. In 2021, the half marathon route will run with the marathon for the first 11.5 miles before heading back downtown and through the iconic Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING & COVID MITIGATION PLAN:
Click here for details
Male: 1:02:41 – set by Timothy Ritchie in 2017
Female: 1:11:18 – set by Kim Smith in 2011
Course Suitability for Disabled Athletes:
Click here for more details.
Half Marathon course limit is 3 hours. Course limit is based on the start time of the final start wave. To finish within these time limits, runners must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 3 hours. More…
- Mile markers at every mile.
- Timing tracking mats at Start and every 5K mark along the route.
- ChronoTrack B-Tag Timing and Results.
- Hydration (water and Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor. Details…)
- Pre & Post Race / Every 1 to 2 miles along course
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Volunteers will be masked and gloved
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- GU Energy Gel
- One location on course
- Entertainment, toilets, medical support along the entire route.
- Event alert system notifications at the pre-race area & water stations along the course. More…
- Injured runners – injured runners will be transported either to the Medical Unit at the finish line or Hartford Hospital (emergency phone: 860-545-5000). All runners are asked to help by reporting injuries or downed runners to fluid station personnel or route monitors along the course.
- Drop out runners – runners unable to finish the race may stop at any fluid station along the course for assistance. Sweep vans pick up runners when possible and drop them off at the finish area. If you drop out of the race, remove your B-Tag and dispose of it before crossing the finish line.
Pace leaders are a free service available to help athletes achieve their goal times.
More details coming soon.
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
This event is timed by Granite State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 5 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Physically Challenged
- Push-rim wheelchair (no awards in the hand-crank division)
- Visually Impaired/Blind Runners division
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 5 Overall and Top 3 in Each Division
- No “double-dipping”
Baby Jogger/Strollers are NOT permitted in the marathon and half marathon races but will be allowed in the 5K race, please see details on the stroller policy HERE.
Plenty of it! Check back later for details!