New course for 2021! The Eversource Hartford Half Marathon showcases vibrant neighborhoods of Hartford and beautiful views along the Connecticut River. In 2021, the half marathon route will run with the marathon for the first 11.5 miles before heading back downtown and through the iconic Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Male: 1:02:41 – set by Timothy Ritchie in 2017
Female: 1:11:18 – set by Kim Smith in 2011
Course Suitability for Disabled Athletes:
Click here for more details.
Half Marathon course limit is 3 hours. Course limit is based on the start time of the final start wave. To finish within these time limits, runners must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 3 hours. More…
- Mile markers at every mile.
- Timing tracking mats at Start and approximately every 5K mark along the route.
- ChronoTrack B-Tag Timing and Results.
- Hydration (water and Nuun Endurance Lemon Lime flavor. Details…)
- Pre & Post Race / Every 1 to 2 miles along course
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- GU Energy Gel
- One location on course at mile: 5.8
- Entertainment, toilets, medical support along the entire route.
- Event alert system notifications at the pre-race area & water stations along the course. More…
- Injured runners – injured runners will be transported either to the Medical Unit at the finish line or Hartford Hospital (emergency phone: 860-545-5000). All runners are asked to help by reporting injuries or downed runners to fluid station personnel or route monitors along the course.
- Drop out runners – runners unable to finish the race may stop at any fluid station along the course for assistance. Sweep vans pick up runners when possible and drop them off at the finish area. If you drop out of the race, remove your B-Tag and dispose of it before crossing the finish line.
Modifications to start procedures is the pivotal control point that enables social distancing throughout the entire race course, finish line area, and post event services.
Start Corrals will be implemented:
- Start Corral assignments will seed similar paced participants together in the same corrals
- Start Corrals will begin from fastest seed to slowest seed
- Start Corrals to begin at a time frequency to support social distancing along the entire race course
- Start Corral assignments (A, B or C) will be visible on race bibs
- Time allowed for all participants to cross the starting line increases by over 200%, masks are recommended in the corrals
All participants are required to be at the race start area prior to the start of the first wave. SCHEDULE
See detailed start map and corrals info HERE
Pace leaders are a free service available to help athletes achieve their goal times.
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
This event is timed by Granite State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 5 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Physically Challenged
- Push-rim wheelchair (no awards in the hand-crank division)
- Visually Impaired/Blind Runners division
- Prize Money to the top finishers. More…
- Separate Prize Money awarded to top New England’s Finest finishers. More…
- Monetary awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time.
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 5 Overall and Top 3 in Each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time
- Division awards based on net time
- No “double-dipping”
Eversource Hartford Marathon participants can get real-time athlete updates. Participants or spectators can follow along and receive real-time updates with course time and pace from the start line, finish line and split mats along the route at the following locations:
- 5K, 10K, Mile 9, Mile 11.9
- Tracking begins at the time participants cross the start line (net start time). All times along the course will be calculated based on net start time.
Tracking is provided by Athlinks. Race participants must sign up in advance to receive updates in the Athlinks system; they may then share the link with spectators, friends and family.
Sign up HERE
Baby Jogger/Strollers are NOT permitted in the marathon and half marathon races but will be allowed in the 5K race, please see details on the stroller policy HERE.