REDESIGNED IN 2023
The race starts at the front steps of the iconic Connecticut State Capitol building. The route travels past the houses of Mark Twain and Harriet Beecher Stowe (Miles 1-2). Upon entering West Hartford runners will pass the University of St. Joseph and enter into Elizabeth Park, home to the first public Rose Garden in the country (Miles 3-6). Progress back towards downtown Hartford (Miles 7-9). Enjoy the beautifully maintained paved trails through Riverside Park in Hartford (Miles 10 -12). Head towards Bushnell Park past the Wadsworth Atheneum to finish under the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch (Miles 12-Finish). The course is certified by USATF. Certification #CT23017JHP. Read more about why GPS readings may measure differently here.
REDESIGNED IN 2023
NEW ENGLAND THROWDOWN
Continuing in 2023! USATF affiliated clubs from New England and New York are invited to take part in the New England Throwdown. Clubs are encouraged to cross their borders and measure themselves up against other associations in this special half marathon club competition. Click here for more details.
Forgot to affiliate yourself with your USATF Club during registration? No problem, just update the USATF Club field in your Participant Account. To access your Participant Account, click here. Affiliation MUST be updated by October 11, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
The half marathon race start area will consist of an elite corral, three seeded corrals, as well as an open self seed corral to assist with participant spacing. Estimated finish time is required during the registration process. Estimated finish times can be updated in your participant account through September 11, 2023. After this date, adjustments will be assessed at Packet Pick Up. Corral assignments will be indicated on the bib number.
The marathon, team relay, and half marathon will start together in the same location on Capitol Avenue adjacent to the front lawn of the Connecticut State Capitol building. Both courses will run together for the first 8.4 miles.
All participants are required to be in the race start area prior to race start. RACE DAY SCHEDULE
Course limit is 3 Hours for the Eversource Hartford Half Marathon. To finish within these time limits, runners must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 3 hours. More…
- All half marathon directional signage will be marked in BLUE
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks & timing mats at the start, finish, and along the route
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Endurance Lemon Lime flavor Details…)
- Pre & Post Race, and every 1 to 2 miles along course
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- GU Energy Gel
- Mile 7.5
- On Course Entertainment
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Medical personnel
- Event alert system notifications at the pre-race area & water stations along the course. More…
- Injured runners – injured runners will be transported either to the Medical Unit at the finish line or Hartford Hospital (emergency phone: 860-545-5000). All runners are asked to help by reporting injuries or downed runners to fluid station personnel or route monitors along the course.
- Drop out runners – runners unable to finish the race may stop at any water station along the course for assistance. Sweep vans pick up runners when possible and drop them off at the finish area. If you drop out of the race, remove your B-Tag and dispose of it before crossing the finish line.
Learn more about ProHealth Physicians Pace Teams, a free service available to help athletes achieve their goal times. More…
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Granite State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 5 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Physically Challenged
- Push-rim wheelchair (no awards in the hand-crank division)
- Visually Impaired/Blind Runners division
- Prize Money to the top finishers. More details…
- Separate Prize Money awarded to top New England’s Finest Program finishers. More details…
- Monetary awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time.
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 5 Overall and Top 3 in Each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time
- Division awards based on net time
- No “double-dipping”
CLUBS (NEW ENGLAND THROWDOWN):
- Prize Money & Awards to the Top 5 Open Clubs & Top 3 Masters Clubs. More details…
- Open to only USATF affiliated clubs from New England and New York
Eversource Hartford Half Marathon participants can get real-time athlete updates. Participants or spectators can follow along and receive real-time updates with course time and pace from the start line, finish line and split mats along the route. Click here…
Baby Jogger/Strollers are NOT permitted on the marathon and half marathon race courses, but will be allowed in the 5K race, please see details on the stroller policy HERE.