Accomplish together what may be unreachable alone! Grab friends or family to form Team 26.2 and achieve greatness together. The Team 26.2 Relay at the Eversource Hartford Marathon is a private party within the biggest race day bash in the capital city. Form a team to tackle the distance together, then celebrate post-race in the Beer Garden with live music!
TEAM 26.2 RELAY
HOW IT WORKS
The Team 26.2 Relay at the Eversource Hartford Marathon consists of five legs, and is run simultaneously with the Marathon on the same USATF certified race course.
- Teams may consist of 2, 3, 4, or 5 members
- Each member must run at least one complete leg
- Any one member may run up to 4 consecutive legs
- Marathon and Half Marathon runners may also be part of a Team 26.2 Relay – See Team Relay Instructions for specifics
- 5K runners may not participate in the Team 26.2 Relay
- The minimum age to compete on Team 26.2 Relay is 12 years old
For details on how to manage your team, click here.
Course Suitability for Disabled Athletes:
Click here for more details.
TEAM 26.2 DETAILS
All team results and standings are based on “net time”. All teams will receive a Team Bib with a B-Tag Timing Chip on the back that must be passed off at each relay exchange zone
Relay team members must pass along the Team Bib with Timing Chip at the exchange zone(s). This allows for relay teams to have a total net time with splits. Relay team members may also track their team members based on their split locations.
There is no clothing storage at the exchange zone.
The Team 26.2 Relay at the Eversource Hartford Marathon race start area will consist of three seeded corrals, as well as an open self seed corral to assist with participant spacing.
The marathon, team relay, and half marathon will start together in the same location on Capitol Avenue adjacent to the front lawn of the Connecticut State Capitol building. Both courses will run together for the first 8.4 miles.
Only Leg 1 participants should be in the race start area prior to race start. RACE DAY SCHEDULE
The course limit is 6 hours for the Team 26.2 Relay at the Eversource Hartford Marathon. To finish within these time limits, teams must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. More…
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
This event is timed by Granite State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system. The Team Relay Bib with B-Tag Timing Chip must be passed from each relay team to the next.
- Male Open & Masters (All Male Team)
- Female Open & Masters (All Female Team)
- Mix Team & Masters (any combination)
* Open Division = Any team member under 40 years of age on race day
** Masters Division = All team members 40 years of age or older on race day
- Commemorative Awards to the Top Team in Each Division (each member of the team will receive an award)
- Finisher medals awarded to all relay runners at the Awards Tent in Bushnell Park
- All awards based on net time
Eversource Hartford Marathon participants can get real-time athlete updates. Participants or spectators can follow along and receive real-time updates with course time and pace from the start line, finish line and split mats along the route. Click here…
Baby Jogger/Strollers are NOT permitted on the marathon and half marathon race courses, but will be allowed in the 5K race, please see details on the stroller policy HERE.
Stay tuned! Entertainment details coming soon…