TEAM 13.1 RELAY
Accomplish together what may be unreachable alone! Grab a friend or family member to form Team 13.1 and achieve greatness together. The Team 13.1 Relay at the Eversource Hartford Half Marathon is a private party within the biggest race day bash in the capital city. Form a team to tackle the distance together, then celebrate post-race in the Sam Adams Beer Garden with live music!
Live athlete tracking, free for relay members to keep up with each other on course.
The Team 13.1 Relay at the Eversource Hartford Half Marathon consists of two legs, and is run simultaneously with the Half Marathon on the same USATF certified race course.
- Teams must have 2 members
- Each member must run at least one complete leg
- Marathon and half marathon runners may also be part of a relay team. Details…
- 5K runners may not participate in the Team Relay
- The minimum age to compete on Team 13.1 is 12 years old
For detailed information about Team 13.1 Eversource Hartford Half Marathon Relay, click here.
For details on how to manage your team, click here.
For Detailed Relay Leg Information and Maps:
Course Suitability for Disabled Athletes:
Click here for more details.
TEAM 13.1 DETAILS
All team results and standings are based on “net time”. All teams will wear an ankle timing device that will be passed off at each relay exchange zone.
Relay team members must pass along the ankle timing tag at the exchange zone. This addition allows for relay teams to have a total net time with splits. Relay team members may also track their team members based on their split locations.
There is no clothing storage at the exchange zone.
For full Relay details, click here.
There is a 3 hour course limit. Course limit is based on the start time of the final start wave. To finish within these time limits, runners must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 3 hours. More…
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
This event is timed by Granite State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system. Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt and ankle timing tag around your ankle. The ankle timing tag must be passed from each relay team to the next.
- Open – youngest member under 40
- Masters – both team members must be 40 or over
- Men/Women/Mixed Categories in each division
- Commemorative Awards to the Top Team in Each Division (each member of the team will receive an award)
- Finisher medals awarded to all relay runners at the Awards Tent in Bushnell Park. You must return your ankle timing tag to collect your team medals.
- All awards based on net time
Eversource Hartford Marathon participants can get real-time athlete updates. Participants or spectators can follow along and receive real-time updates with course time and pace from the start line, finish line and split mats along the route at the following locations:
- 5K, 10K, Mile 9, Mile 11.9
- Tracking begins at the time participants cross the start line (net start time). All times along the course will be calculated based on net start time.
Tracking is provided by Athlinks. Race participants must sign up in advance to receive updates in the Athlinks system; they may then share the link with spectators, friends and family.
Sign up HERE
Baby Jogger/Strollers are NOT permitted in the marathon and half marathon races but will be allowed in the 5K race, please see details on the stroller policy HERE.