NEW ENGLAND’S FINEST
Elite runners from New England or New York (determined by the state in which runners are registered to vote) can be recognized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation and New England Runner magazine as New England’s Finest runners and provided with these program benefits:
- Complimentary race entry for athlete and one traveling companion
- Additional prize money above standard awards. New England’s Finest bonus money corresponds to the finishing place of program participants. Details…
- One room hotel accommodations for one night (Friday, October 9th). Please note, athletes living within 40 miles of Hartford are not eligible for hotel accommodations
- Mileage reimbursement ($.50 per mile, not to exceed $150)
- New England’s Finest technical apparel
- Personalized race bib
- New England’s Finest runner bios and photos in a special supplement in the September 2020 edition of New England Runner magazine.
- Special assistance from Elite Athlete committee, including fluid placement on course, pre-race course review, escort to race start
- Access to Elite Athlete Hospitality Suite in the host hotel
- Access to the Elite Athlete Tent at race start/finish (massage, refreshments, facilities)
To apply, athletes must complete the following form by June 14th, 2020. Spots are limited. After all submissions have been received, the Elite / NEF Committee will come to a decision shortly after. All athletes will be contacted regardless of the outcome of their submission.
Approved NEF applicants then must confirm participation, complete the NEF Questionnaire and return it with a brief running resume/biography to the HMF Elite Coordinator by Friday, July 24, 2020. Race registration will be online for all NEF athletes after acceptance into the program.