Amazing 10K course showcasing Connecticut’s premier waterfront community. Starting and finishing at Olde Mistick Village, the 6.2 mile tour will take you past the Mystic Seaport, over the Mystic Drawbridge and along stunning River Road.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Male: 32:35 – set by Scott Mindel in 2017
Female: 36:03 – set by Rachel Whitbeck in 2018
Modifications to start procedures is the pivotal control point that enables social distancing throughout the entire race course, finish line area, and post event services. Registrants must submit an estimated finish time during the registration process and these times will be used to organize runners at the start. All participants will be required to be at the race start area prior to the 8:00 am start.
All participants will be notified by email the week of the event with race start logistics and need to know updates.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- All awards based on net time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.8 / 4.2
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Medical personnel