Amazing 10K course showcasing Connecticut’s premier waterfront community. Starting at Olde Mistick Village, this 6.2 mile tour will take participants past the Mystic Seaport, over the Mystic Drawbridge, along stunning River Road, before finishing in front of the Mystic Aquarium. USATF Certified Course: #CT15016JHP
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Male: 31:14 – set by Tyler Raymond in 2021
Female: 33:46 – set by Jesse Cardin in 2021
The race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
The 10K will start in the same location as the Half Marathon on Coogan Boulevard, near the entrance to Olde Mistick Village. Both races will run together for roughly 5.9 miles.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Non-Binary More…
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
Course limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes for the Hartford Healthcare Mystic 10K. To finish within these time limits you must maintain a pace of approximately 14:30 minutes per mile. More…
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks & timing mats at finish line and along the course
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.8, 4.2, & 5.7
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Medical personnel