Redesign in 2022! This picturesque half marathon course takes participants along Connecticut’s premier waterfront community. Starting at Olde Mistick Village, this 13.1 mile tour showcases all of what makes Mystic enchanting! The first half of the course will take participants past the Mystic Seaport, over the Mystic Drawbridge and along stunning River Road. The second half features quintessential New England stonewalls, rolling hills and views of the Mystic Reservoir and tranquil nature preserves before finishing in front of the Mystic Aquarium. USATF Certified Course.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Male: 1:06:59 – Everett Hackett in 2017
Female: 1:19:30 – Laura Cummings in 2019
The race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
The Half Marathon will start in the same location as the 10K on Coogan Boulevard, near the entrance to Olde Mistick Village. Both races will run together for roughly 5.9 miles.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib). Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 12-14 and 5-year age groups 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 12-14 and 5-year age groups 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Non-Binary More…
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
Course limit is 3 hours for the Hartford Healthcare Mystic Half. To finish within these time limits participants must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Half Marathon runners must pass the checkpoint at the 5.9 mile mark within 1 hour and 20 minutes. Runners over this time will be directed to finish the 10K course. More…
Learn more about ProHealth Physicians Pace Teams, a free service available to help athletes achieve their goal times. More…
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks & timing mats at finish line and along the course
- Fluid Locations (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & every 1 to 2 miles along the course
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- On Course Entertainment
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Medical personnel