Hills, what hills? The freshly designed 10 mile course will run much faster with race start on High Street, then following a counterclockwise loop around Wesleyan campus. After passing through the start area, the route continues past Wesleyan’s athletic fields around mile 4 and south into residential Middletown. The route takes runners through the Wadsworth State Forest, with a very fast last third of the race to the finish on historic Main Street.
Male: 50:56 – set by John Busque in 2019
Female: 58:51 – set by Annmarie Tuxbury in 2018
10 MILE TRAINING
Use the FREE “10 Weeks to 10 Miles” training program for a guided journey to the finish line in Middletown. The plan includes mileage targets, scheduled taper and rest days and cross-training tips and will be supported by group run(s) to preview the Harvard Pilgrim Middletown 10 Mile course. Check back for details on group runs.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib). Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Prize Money to the Top 3 Overall Male & Female: $250, $150, $100
- Mondo Pizza Gift Card to the First Male & Female Resident of Middlesex County: $50 Each
Prize money awarded on gun time, all others awarded on chip time.
No “double dipping”
Course limit is 3 hours for the Harvard Pilgrim Middletown 10 Mile. To finish within these time limits runners must maintain a pace of approximately 18:00 minutes per mile. More…
- Fluid Locations (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race
- Mile 1.7
- Mile 3.5
- Mile 4.8
- Mile 6.1
- Mile 8.0
- Mile 9.2
- GU Energy Gel: Mile 6.1
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Entertainment: Pre/Post Race & 8 locations along the course
- Medical personnel