The BOOtiful Run/Walk is a 3.56 mile event that starts with the 10 Mile course on High Street adjacent to Wesleyan University and loops around campus before a fast downhill to the finish on historic Main Street.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
Effective May 19, 2021, per order of CT Governor Ned Lamont, face masks will not be required at outdoor events in Connecticut. Keeping with state recommendations, runners, volunteers, spectators and staff will not be required to wear masks at any Hartford Marathon Foundation (HMF) event. We encourage those more comfortable wearing masks to continue to do so and urge unvaccinated participants attending HMF Events to wear a face mask for their own safety and for the safety of those who have vulnerable conditions or weakened immune systems. All participants are encouraged to maintain at least 6 feet of spacing from others not in their party at all times, and 12 feet of spacing while running.
Male: 17:25 – set by Morgan Kennedy in 2018
Female: 22:50 – set by Jaclyn Sullivan in 2018
Modifications to start procedures is the pivotal control point that enables social distancing throughout the entire race course, finish line area, and post event services. Registrants must submit an estimated finish time during the registration process and these times will be used to organize runners at the start. All participants will be required to be at the race start area prior to all participants starting.
All participants will be notified by email the week of the event with race start logistics and need to know updates.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib). Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Mondo Pizza Gift Card to the First Male & Female Resident of Middlesex County: $50 Each
- All awards based on net time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile
- Fluid Locations (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.7
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Entertainment: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Medical personnel