The newly designed 10K course starts on High Street adjacent to Wesleyan University, then follows a counterclockwise loop around campus. This two loop course has rolling hills before a fast downhill finish on historic Main Street. Note: The 10K course has been accurately measured but is not USATF Certified.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Due to the number of participants in the event and the available road width at the starting line and along the course, the race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs will assist with participant spacing.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib). Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- All awards based on net time
- No “double dipping”
Course limit is 1 hour and 25 minutes. To finish within these time limits 10K runners must maintain a pace of approximately 13:30 minutes per mile. 10K runners must pass the checkpoint at the 2.6 mile mark within 36 minutes. Runners over this time will be directed to finish the 5K course. More…
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & Miles 1.5 & 4.6
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Medical personnel