REDESIGNED 2023 RACE ROUTE – The 5K (3.1 miles) is a fun new route for runners of all abilities. The race starts adjacent to Camp Courant’s main entrance driveway and travels out and back along Farmington’s Batterson Park Road, before finishing with a scenic woodland trail loop around the camp’s beautiful property.
Male: 20:08 – set by Taylor Vann in 2022
Female: 21:40 – set by Kaelyn Gonzalez in 2022
The 5K starts on Batterson Park Road, adjacent to the main entrance driveway to Camp Courant.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib). Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race
- Medical personnel