The L+M Hospital Summer Stride 10K is a double-loop course running along sections of beautiful Pequot Avenue with stunning ocean views. The course is relatively flat with long straightaways.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants
Male: 36:28 – set by Michael Stadolnik in 2019
Female: 42:10 – set by Natalie Novotni in 2021
The race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
The 10K will start in the same location as the 5K on Montauk Avenue. Both races will run together for 2.7 miles.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Non-Binary More…
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- All awards based on gun time
- No “double dipping”
Course limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes. To finish within these time limits, 10K runners must maintain a pace of approximately 14:30 minutes per mile. 10K runners must pass the checkpoint at the 2.7 mile mark within 39 minutes. Runners over this time will be directed to finish the 5K course. More…
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor):
- Pre & Post Race / Mile 1.5 / Mile 4.1
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race
- Medical personnel