The L+M Hospital Summer Stride 5K is a single-loop course running along sections of beautiful Pequot Avenue with stunning ocean views. The course is relatively flat with long straightaways.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
To adhere to state and federal guidelines, all participants must wear face masks/coverings at all times before and after their race. Once crossing the start line, participants may run with their mask lowered anytime they have 12 feet of separation from other runners. Masks must be carried on participants throughout the event.
Male: 16:81 – set by Anthony Schramm in 2019
Female: 22:16 – set by Suzanne Poudrier in 2019
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- All awards based on net time
- No “double dipping”
- No ceremony, awards may be picked up once results have been finalized at the Awards Area
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor):
- Pre & Post Race / Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Volunteers will be masked and gloved
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalet Locations: Start & Finish
- Medical personnel.