Not interested in participating in-person, but still want to take part? Register for the Virtual 5K or 10K! Run or walk your race distance anywhere you’d like during the weekend of Friday, July 16 , through Sunday, July 18! Submit your results through your haku participant account.
Virtual Race Benefits:
- Event swag mailed
- Technical short sleeve shirt
- Verified Results DETAILS
- Results must be submitted through your haku account between 12:00 AM on Friday, 7/16 and 11:59 PM on Monday, 7/19.
- Advanced wearable technology integrations
- Virtual Enhancements DETAILS
- Downloadable race bib
- Customizable finisher certificate
- Custom “HMF Beach” themed running playlist curated by the professionals at Powerstation Events
Virtual race participants are urged not to run the official race course on Saturday morning (July 17); doing so will threaten capacity compliance and risk a breach of public health and safety requirements. Compliance by all will be necessary to support the safe return to in-person racing for future events.
Registration fee is $30 for the virtual 5K or 10K.
This event gives participants the flexibility to participate when and where it is convenient. As such, there are no refunds and no deferments for virtual events.
Participants will be timed and measured using their own timing device. To make your race official, submit a run or walk through your haku participant account between 12:00 AM on Friday, July 16th and 11:59 PM on Monday, July 19th using one of the two following options:
- OPTION 1 /// ADD FROM WEARABLE – Sync a compatible wearable device prior to your activity. Results will be uploaded to your haku results platform once your watch resyncs to your application. Once your device syncs, select the activity to submit for results.
- Compatible with: Suunto / Polar / FitBit / Garmin / Under Armour Fitness
- Don’t have a wearable device? No problem! Download the Free MapMyRun / MapMyWalk / MapMyFitness App on your smartphone and use it to track your pace, time, and distance. For complete details on how to use the app and track your activities, CLICK HERE
- OPTION 2 /// ADD MANUALLY – Enter results manually. Feel free to submit an image for verification of your activity.
For details regarding activity tracking, wearable devices, timing, and results submission, CLICK HERE
For issues with haku participant accounts, device syncing or leaderboard data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is an alternative race experience that allows runners the freedom and flexibility to take part in a race from wherever they’d like. Simply register online, run or walk the race distance, then upload your finish time to compare it to others.
When do I participate and how does the race get timed?
You must run or walk your race between 12:00 AM on Friday, July 16th and 11:59 PM on Sunday, July 18th and must be submitted through your haku participant account by 11:59 PM on Monday, July 19th.
All race options will be timed and measured using your own timing device.
Where do I run?
Anywhere you want! Start right at your front door, jump on a treadmill, head to your favorite bike trail, or create and explore a special new route to commemorate the race. Just be safe, adhere to social distancing recommendations, and follow all public safety directives.