Love is in the air Valentine’s Day weekend…the love of running, that is! Share this 2-person challenge with your running BFF – a friend, neighbor, co-worker, family member, significant other – anyone you chose! Each of you take on the same distance to complete over the weekend, splitting a 10K, half marathon or marathon. Then, celebrate with your piece of the connected heart-shaped finisher medal. Duos looking for a multi-distance challenge can Love It All! and take on all three distances over the weekend.
Love 2 Run is a specially designed challenge for two people to tackle together, from wherever they are located. Both participants in the 2-person team will complete exactly half of the specific challenge distance. Just pick a partner and choose one of the following challenges:
- 10K Challenge /// 5K + 5K
- Half Challenge /// 6.55 Mile + 6.55 Mile
- Marathon Challenge /// Half Marathon + Half Marathon
One race distance just not enough for your team? You can take this challenge to the next level and Love It All! Both members of the team will run exactly half of all of the challenge distances (in the order of their choosing) to complete this 45.5 mile super challenge together!
- Love It All! /// 10K Challenge + Half Challenge + Marathon Challenge
Regardless of which challenge distance the team chooses, run or walk anytime during the Valentine’s Day weekend between Thursday, February 11, and Sunday, February 14, to complete the challenge.
Virtual Race Benefits:
- Custom Love 2 Run heart-shaped, two-piece challenge medal that can connect together
- Verified Results DETAILS
- Results must be submitted through haku participant accounts between 12:00 AM on Thursday, 2/11 and 11:59 PM on Monday, 2/15).
- Advanced wearable technology integrations
- Virtual Enhancements DETAILS
- Downloadable Race Bib
- Customizable Finisher Certificate
- Custom Love 2 Run Playlist curated by the professionals at Powerstation Events
Registration fee is $50 for each 2-Person team and paid only by the team captain/first person to register the team. Once the team is registered, the team captain will receive a link for the second team member to register themselves (no additional charges will apply unless opting for swag upgrade).
This event gives participants the flexibility to participate when and where it is convenient. As such, there are no refunds and no deferments for virtual events.
SWAG & CUSTOM MERCHANDISE
Registered participants will receive the custom Love 2 Run challenge medal specifically designed to fit perfectly with their teammate’s medal to create a whole heart. Teams can pick up their medals from our friends at Fleet Feet, West Hartford during store hours 2/10 through 2/14. Those that don’t pick up will be mailed their medals after the challenge has concluded.
Both halves of the two-piece medal must be picked up at the same time or will be mailed together to the team captain’s mailing address.
Medal Pickup Dates & Times:
Fleet Feet, West Hartford: 1003 Farmington Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06107
- Between Wednesday, February 10th and Sunday, February 14th
- Anytime during normal operating hours, check Fleet Feet’s website for details.
In addition, participants are welcome to upgrade their experience during the registration process (or after they’ve registered in their haku participant account) and purchase the Love 2 Run quarter-zip long sleeve technical shirt (size chart) for just $35 (per shirt). All upgrade orders will be mailed.
It’s a great time to share the love with extra giveaways! We’ve got two opportunities to treat yourself and your teammate to performance running apparel and gear from Tracksmith New England:
- Register both members of the 2-person team by 11:59 PM on January 31, 2021 for an automatic chance to win a $50 Tracksmith gift card for each of you (randomly selected).
- Check out the collections of performance gear from Tracksmith and keep your eye on the HMF Events Facebook page, for another chance to win a $50 gift card for you and your teammate. Details to follow!
Participants will be timed and measured using their own timing device. Participants may submit their own and their teammate’s results or each can submit individually. To make your race(s) official, submit your run and/or walk efforts through your haku participant account between 12:00 AM on Thursday, February 11th and 11:59 PM on Monday, February 15th using one of the two following options:
For details regarding activity tracking, wearable devices, timing, and results submission, CLICK HERE
- OPTION 1 /// ADD FROM WEARABLE – Sync a compatible wearable device prior to your activity. Results will be uploaded to your haku results platform once your watch resyncs to your application. Once your device syncs, select the activity to submit for results.
- Compatible with: Suunto / Polar / FitBit / Garmin / Under Armour Fitness
- Don’t have a wearable device? No problem! Download the Free MapMyRun / MapMyWalk / MapMyFitness App on your smartphone and use it to track your pace, time, and distance. For complete details on how to use the app and track your activities, CLICK HERE
- OPTION 2 /// ADD MANUALLY – Enter results manually. Feel free to submit an image for verification of your activity.
Team Leaderboard will be displayed once both team members have completed their respective activity.
For details regarding team results submissions, CLICK HERE
For issues with haku participant accounts, device syncing or results data, please contact: email@example.com
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is an alternative race experience that allows runners the freedom and flexibility to take part in a race from wherever they’d like. Simply register online, run or walk the race distance, then upload your finish time to compare it to others.
When do I participate and how does the race get timed?
You must run or walk your race between 12:00 AM on Thursday, February 11th and 11:59 PM on Sunday, February 14th and must be submitted through your haku participant account by 11:59 PM on Monday, February 15th.
All race options will be timed and measured using your own timing device.
Where do I run?
Anywhere you want! Start right at your front door, jump on a treadmill, head to your favorite bike trail, or create and explore a special new route to commemorate the race. Just be safe, adhere to social distancing recommendations, and follow all public safety directives.