The 5K (3.1 miles) is a fun route for runners and walkers. The race starts and finishes on the Woodland Street Entrance to Keney Park. It utilizes the paths and roads inside the park, showcasing one of New England’s largest public parks!
The 5K will start in the same location and time as the 1 Mile and will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing. The two courses will travel together for the first 1/2 mile.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 10-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 10-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Non-Binary More…
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- All awards based on gun time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race
- Medical personnel
- Event alert system notifications in the pre-race area and at the water station. More…