The Old Wethersfield 10K is a double-loop course that runs along the historic streets of Old Wethersfield. The course is flat and fast with one sharp turn. The race ends along an unpaved trail in the scenic Wethersfield cove.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
Effective May 19, 2021, per order of CT Governor Ned Lamont, face masks will not be required at outdoor events in Connecticut. Keeping with state recommendations, runners, volunteers, spectators and staff will not be required to wear masks at any Hartford Marathon Foundation (HMF) event. We encourage those more comfortable wearing masks to continue to do so and urge unvaccinated participants attending HMF Events to wear a face mask for their own safety and for the safety of those who have vulnerable conditions or weakened immune systems. All participants are encouraged to maintain at least 6 feet of spacing from others not in their party at all times, and 12 feet of spacing while running.
Male: 30:26 – set by Sean O’Connor in 2019
Female: 34:44 – set by Annmarie Tuxbury in 2019
Registrants must submit an estimated finish time during the registration process and these times will be used to organize runners at the start. All participants will be required to be at the race start area prior to race start.
All participants will be notified by email the week of the event with race start logistics and need to know updates.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- All awards based on net time
- No “double dipping”
Course limit is 1 hour and 25 minutes for the Old Wethersfield 10K. To finish within these time limits you must maintain a pace of approximately 13:30 minutes per mile. 10K runners must pass the checkpoint at the 2.4 mile mark within 34 minutes. Runners over this time will be directed to finish the 5K course. More…
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns.
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile.
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor):
- Pre & Post Race / Mile 1.5 / Mile 2.7 /Mile 4.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalet Locations: Start & Finish
- Medical personnel.