The Old Wethersfield 5K is a single-loop course that runs along the historic streets of Old Wethersfield. The course is flat, fast, and ends along an unpaved trail in the scenic Wethersfield cove.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Male: 15:39 – set by David Bridgewater in 2007
Female: 18:33 – set by Elizabeth Stockman in 2019
Registrants must submit an estimated finish time during the registration process and these times will be used to organize runners at the start. All participants will be required to be at the race start area prior to race start.
All participants will be notified by email the week of the event with race start logistics and need to know updates.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- All awards based on net time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns.
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile.
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor):
- Pre & Post Race / Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalet Locations: Start & Finish
- Medical personnel.