Starts and finishes outside of Kinsmen Brewing on Canal Street in Southington. This fast course runs south on rural roads into Cheshire and past the famous Kurtz Farm, one of CT’s largest garden nurseries with over twenty-two greenhouse-covered acres and nearly 10,000 different varieties of plants. A left hand turn brings runners onto the scenic Farmington Canal Heritage Trail, routing back into Southington and onto the roads to finish.
Male: 15:43 – set by Braeden Laframbois in 2023
Female: 18:22 – set by Rosa Moriello in 2023
The race start will be on Canal Street, just south of Kinsmen Brewing and consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- Best Costume Awards
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race
- Medical personnel