Starts and finishes outside of Kinsmen Brewing on Canal Street in Southington. This fast course runs south on rural roads into Cheshire and past the famous Kurtz Farm, one of CT’s largest garden nurseries with over twenty-two greenhouse-covered acres and nearly 10,000 different varieties of plants. A left hand turn brings runners onto the scenic Farmington Canal Heritage Trail, routing back into Southington and onto the roads to finish.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Male: 16:06 – set by Derek Alcorn in 2019
Female: 19:59 – set by Taylor Krajewski in 2018
Due to the number of participants in the event and the available road width at the starting line and along the course, the race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Non-Binary More…
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- Best Costume Awards
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race
- Medical personnel