New in 2023: The flat Rocky Neck 5K begins near the western edge of Rocky Neck State Park heading east along the park’s major roadway toward the main entrance. The course then hooks back along the seasonal “campers only” road, but not before making a short loop through a section of the park’s campgrounds. The course features beautiful views of the Bride Brook marsh and a picturesque finish on the front lawn of the Ellie Mitchel Pavilion overlooking Long Island Sound.
ROCKY NECK 5K
The race will start at the western edge of the Rocky Neck State Park adjacent to the pre-race area on the park’s main roadway, heading east.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 10-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 10-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- All awards based on gun time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race
- Medical personnel
- Event alert system notifications in the pre-race area and at the water station. More…