New Course in 2021! Try out the 5K this year, a fast and flat 3.1 mile run through the heart of the Misquamicut beach community.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Rhode Island. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Male: 16:51 – set by Bronson Venable in 2014
Female: 18:47 – set by Caitlin Abelseth in 2019
Modifications to start procedures is the pivotal control point that enables social distancing throughout the entire race course, finish line area, and post event services. Registrants must submit an estimated finish time during the registration process and these times will be used to organize runners at the start. All participants will be required to be at the race start area prior to all participants starting.
The start horn will go off at 7:40 am. The start line will be open from 7:40 – 7:45 am for participants to cross when they feel comfortable. Timing mats located at the start will capture your net time.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- All awards based on net time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and mile signs at each mile
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor):
- Pre & Post Race / one location along course
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Live music and entertainment
- Portalets along the route
- Medical personnel