The Surftown 5K is flat, fast, and travels out-and-back along Winnapaug Pond and Misquamicut beach community.
Male: 16:51 – set by Bronson Venable in 2014
Female: 18:14 – set by Caitlin Abelseth in 2021
The race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
The start horn will go off at 7:40 am (10 minutes after the Half Marathon). The 5K will start and finish under the Finish Truss on Atlantic Avenue, just east of Misquamicut State Beach.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks & timing mats at finish line and along the course
- Hydration (Water):
- Pre & Post Race / one location along course
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the route
- Medical personnel
Baby Jogger/Strollers are NOT permitted in the half marathon race but will be allowed in the 5K race, please see details on the stroller policy HERE.