The UConn Health 10K is a flat, looping course through the charming Farmington River Valley community of Simsbury, Connecticut. It starts on Iron Horse Boulevard and features panoramic views of Talcott Mountain, the Farmington River, sprawling farms, and the iconic Old Drake Hill Flower Bridge. USATF Certified Course: CT22012JHP.
Male: 33:20 – set by Brian Nelson in 2013
Female: 36:13 – set by Katie Edwards in 2014
The 10K will start on the east side of the median on Iron Horse Boulevard, near the intersection with Jim Gallagher Way and consist of one corral.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 9-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Fluid Locations (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & every 1 to 2 miles along the course
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets located along the course
- Medical personnel
Baby Jogger/Strollers are NOT permitted in the half marathon race but will be allowed in the 10K and 5K races, please see details on the stroller policy HERE.