The UConn Health 5K is a flat, loop course through the charming Farmington River Valley community of Simsbury, Connecticut and features panoramic views of the river and the iconic Old Drake Hill Flower Bridge. USATF Certified Course: CT22013JHP.
Male: 15:53 – set by Colin Sauter in 2014
Female: 18:48 – set by Molly Hamel in 2016
The 5K will start on the east side of the median on Iron Horse Boulevard, near the intersection with Wilcox Street and consist of one corral. It will merge with the half marathon race about ¼ mile in and both races will run together for roughly 2 miles.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in Each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.7
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets located along the course
- Medical personnel
- Event alert system notifications in the pre-race area and at the water station. More…