Not racing in-person but still want to take part in the action OR make it a multi-distance race challenge weekend? Register for the Virtual 5K, 10K or Half Marathon, or take on the Iron Horse Challenge and complete all 3! Run or walk your race distance(s) anywhere you’d like! Submit your results through your haku participant account.
Register for the UConn Health Virtual Half Marathon, 10K, 5K or Iron Horse Challenge option to get in on the race action from wherever you’d like! Run or walk anytime during the weekend of Thursday, June 3, through Sunday, June 6.
Virtual Race Benefits:
- Event swag mailed
- Technical short sleeve shirt
- Custom finisher’s medal
- Verified Results DETAILS
- Results must be submitted through your haku account between 12:00 AM on Thursday, 6/3 and 11:59 PM on Monday, 6/7.
- Advanced wearable technology integrations
- Virtual Enhancements DETAILS
- Downloadable race bib
- Customizable finisher certificate
- Custom running playlist curated by the professionals at Powerstation Events
Virtual race participants are urged not to run the official race course on Saturday morning (June 5); doing so will threaten capacity compliance and risk a breach of public health and safety requirements. Compliance by all will be necessary to support the safe return to in-person racing for future events.
Registration fee is $40 for individual virtual races.
This event gives participants the flexibility to participate when and where it is convenient. As such, there are no refunds and no deferments for virtual events.
Participants will be timed and measured using their own timing device. To make your race official, submit a run or walk through your haku participant account between 12:00 AM on Thursday, June 3rd and 11:59 PM on Monday, June 7th using one of the two following options:
- OPTION 1 /// ADD FROM WEARABLE – Sync a compatible wearable device prior to your activity. Results will be uploaded to your haku results platform once your watch resyncs to your application. Once your device syncs, select the activity to submit for results.
- Compatible with: Suunto / Polar / FitBit / Garmin / Under Armour Fitness
- Don’t have a wearable device? No problem! Download the Free MapMyRun / MapMyWalk / MapMyFitness App on your smartphone and use it to track your pace, time, and distance. For complete details on how to use the app and track your activities, CLICK HERE
- OPTION 2 /// ADD MANUALLY – Enter results manually. Feel free to submit an image for verification of your activity.
For details regarding activity tracking, wearable devices, timing, and results submission, CLICK HERE
For issues with haku participant accounts, device syncing or leaderboard data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
VIRTUAL IRON HORSE CHALLENGE
Interested in doing even more?! Participants can register for the Virtual Iron Horse Challenge and take on all three race distances! Participants will run or walk the virtual 5K, virtual 10K and virtual half marathon anytime between 12:00 AM on Thursday, June 3rd and 11:59 PM on Sunday, June 6th and then submit these efforts into their haku participant account by 11:59 PM on Monday, June 7th. The combination of these efforts will automatically be calculated at the end of the submission window and added to the Iron Horse Challenge leaderboard.
The challenge fee is a $10 add-on to the virtual race fee. Challenge participants will receive the official race shirt and individual race finisher’s medal, as well as the special Iron Horse Challenge medal!
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is an alternative race experience that allows runners the freedom and flexibility to take part in a race from wherever they’d like. Simply register online, run or walk the race distance, then upload your finish time to compare it to others.
I’m doing the Hybrid Iron Horse Challenge, how does this work?
You must run or walk your virtual 5K and your virtual 10K anytime between 12:00 AM on Thursday, June 3rd and 11:59 PM on Sunday, June 6th and then submit it into your haku participant account by 11:59 PM on Monday, June 7th. You’ll also take part in the in-person half marathon on Saturday, June 5th in Simsbury, and this effort will automatically be added to your virtual 5K and virtual 10K at the end of the virtual race submission window to create your Iron Horse Challenge result.
When do I participate and how does the race get timed?
You must run or walk your race(s) between 12:00 AM on Thursday, June 3rd and 11:59 PM on Sunday, June 6th and must be submitted through your haku participant account by 11:59 PM on Monday, June 7th.
All virtual race options will be timed and measured using your own timing device.
Where do I run?
Anywhere you want! Start right at your front door, jump on a treadmill, head to your favorite bike trail, or create and explore a special new route to commemorate the race. Just be safe, adhere to social distancing recommendations, and follow all public safety directives.