TRIATHLON & AQUA BIKE
Participants will swim a 1/2 mile loop in the Winding Trails lake, cycle 12 miles through the quiet roads of Farmington and Avon and then enjoy a flat 5K run through the wide dirt trails in Winding Trails.
1:08:07 – set by Amanda Bayer in 2017
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING
To adhere to state and local recommendations and create a safe racing experiences for participants, volunteers and the community, all participants must comply to the following special racing arrangements:
- All participants must wear face masks/coverings at all times before and after their race, including during set up in transition
- Once participants enter the start corral, they may dispose of or remove their mask
- Bike rack density has been decreased by 50%
- Masks DO NOT need to be worn during or carried on the swim out, in transition while competing in the event, or during the bike leg
- USAT rules in place regarding bike separation
- Masks MUST be carried by all participants during the RUN LEG
- Mask must be presented to enter transition before the race and staged in participant supplies
- During the RUN LEG, masks may be lowered anytime participants have 12 feet of separation from other runners
- Replacements or additional masks will be on hand if required, just ask the nearest volunteer or race official for assistance
* Any participant that fails to comply with these guidelines or the instructions of race officials, will be asked to leave the event.
To increase social distancing throughout the race and reduce overall event density, each start wave will be reduced in size. All participants are required to be at the pre-race safety briefing at 7:20 AM (please adhere to social distancing in the ample briefing space).
All participants will be notified by email the week of the event with their respective start wave and all other need-to-know event updates.
Athletes who participate in this division will complete the swim and the bike but will not have to do the run. The division is designed to appeal to those athletes for whom running might be painful, or to injured athletes who still want to compete.
USA TRIATHLON RULES
The race will be officiated by USA Triathlon. All rules will be enforced. NOTE, bar ends must be plugged (plugs are readily available at bike shops). Any bike without bar ends plugged will not be allowed to race. It is the participant’s responsibility to know the rules for an event sanctioned by USA Triathlon. More…
FIRST TIMER TIPS
Click here to view “Six Open Water Swim Tips” courtesy of TriathlonWetSuitStore.com
The Women’s Triathlon can be entered as a relay team of 2 or 3 members; each completing 1-2 of the event legs. Team members exchange the timing chip inside the transition area. Team participants waiting in transition must wear a mask before and after their leg.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the Chronotrack Timing Chip system – 5 splits and finish time recorded – the chip is worn on a velcro strap on the ankle and will be distributed at packet pick-up. Chip must be returned at the finish line. $30 fee for unreturned chip.
- Top 3 Overall
- Age Group – 16-19, and 5-year age groups from 20-80+
- Athena (women 165+lbs.)
- Aqua Bike (Overall)
- Team (Overall)
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Commemorative Awards to Top Overall Team (each member of the team will receive an award)
- All awards based on chip time
- No “double dipping”
- No ceremony, awards may be picked up once results have been finalized at the Awards Area
Course limit is 2:50 hours for the Women’s Triathlon. Swim time limit is 35 minutes. The swim and bike legs need to be completed in 2 hours and 05 minutes. More…
- Fluid Locations (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor):
- Pre/Post Race
- Transition Area
- Mile 1 & 2 (Run Course Only)
- Portalet Locations: Start & Finish
- First timers swim wave
- Motorcycle & medical support