The 5K (3.1 miles) is a great route for runners and walkers. Starting just outside of Dunkin Donuts Park, take a quick loop downtown, before heading over the Reverend Moody Overpass. Return back towards downtown to finish on the field at home plate!
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. Currently, face masks are not required at outdoor events in Connecticut. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
The run/walk start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
The 5K will start just outside Dunkin’ Donuts Park on Pleasant Street at the intersection of Winthrop Street.
This event will NOT have official event timing. Participants are encouraged to run/walk the event to Zero out Prostate Cancer. This event will not have divisional awards.
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Fluid Locations (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Bathrooms: Pre/Post Race inside Dunkin’ Donuts Park
- Medical personnel