Participants concerned about being able to attend their 2023 event can purchase Refundable Registration protection at the point of registration. Please note that refundable booking claims will be administered by the Protect Group, not by Hartford Marathon Foundation.
If opting to add refund protection during event registration, participants pay an additional service fee of 14% of all items purchased, excluding event processing fees. Registered participants who have purchased refund protection and are unable to participate in the race for a wide range of covered scenarios will receive a 100% refund of their entry fee and ancillary purchases within 10 business days of the claim submission.
For information on what is covered by refund protection booking, click here. Please note, refundable booking does not cover the following:
- Concern about COVID-19 or self-isolation without a positive COVID-19 test, or other non-COVID-19 communicable diseases leading to quarantines or travel restrictions
- Event organizers canceling the race
- Processing fees associated with items (entry fee, ancillary products, etc.) purchased during the registration process
- Donations made during the registration process
Refund protection is not available for challenge bundles.
To submit a booking claim, click here.
* Refundable booking claims are administered by the Protect Group. If a participant purchases refundable booking protection and is unable to participate, they must submit a claim in order to be eligible for a refund. The claims form will remain open for 60 days after the event. Claims are generally processed within 10 business days of the submission.