HMF Events is a volunteer-driven organization. Thanks to the support of over 3,500 volunteers each year, HMF Events continues to be able to promote health and fitness through its beloved community events. Without this volunteer support our events simply could not happen. Every volunteer has talents and energy to share at our events. We invite you to volunteer at an upcoming HMF Event.
- Great SWAG at every event (usually a t shirt)
- Enjoy the delicious post-race party food. For morning races coffee and breakfast provided.
- $5 off future HMF races or merchandise for every volunteer activity (to redeem email firstname.lastname@example.org). Learn more about the Volunteer Rewards Program.
- $10 off future HMF races or merchandise for Course Monitor volunteers (to redeem email email@example.com). Learn more about the Volunteer Rewards Program.
- Earn community service hours and receive verification at the event or post-race by email.
- Pride and satisfaction for being part of a healthy community event which benefits local businesses and non-profit, charitable organizations.
VOLUNTEER AND RUN AT THE SAME EVENT
We know many of our runners love to volunteer too so we make it easy to do both. For the activities listed below Volunteers may leave their activity 10 minutes early to get to the Start Line.
- Registration – Available at every race
- Athlete Swag Tent – Available at every race
- Parking – Available for many races
- HMF FitKids – FitKids races take place before or after the adult races
- Athlete Packet Pickup – Available the day before many events
GROUP VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
The “More the Merrier”! Come on and bring your friends, co-workers and family members to volunteer with you at a shared group activity. Group volunteer activities are a wonderful way to have fun while giving back to others.
Water Stations, Course Monitors, and In Office Volunteer Projects are great team building experiences. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how your group can get involved.
VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES (more job details available during Volunteer Registration)
Athlete Packet Pickup – The day before larger events check runners in and distribute bib numbers and swag.
Athlete Food Tent and Beer Tent – Hand out post-race food and beverages.
Athlete Swag Pickup – Hand out race swag to runners.
Course Monitors – Direct and cheer runners on the race course
Cyclist – On bicycle lead, sweep or sag (follow) runners on race route.
Finish Line – Hand out water and medals to runners.
HMF FitKids –Guide children and hand out medals and water to finishers.
Parking – Direct drivers to designated race parking areas.
Registration – Use a laptop to check in runners and distribute race bibs.
Water Station – Distribute water to runners on the race course.
In Office Volunteer Activities – During weekdays help with mailings or event preparations.