The Hartford Marathon Foundation wants to inspire all children to live healthy lives. To make this happen HMF offers several youth running programs.
HMF FITKIDS RUNS
The future of our sport (and our society) lies with our healthy, young children. We must do everything possible to encourage fitness in our kids. HMF FitKids Runs offer several distances (¼ mile, ½ mile and/or one-mile) for children ages 2-11.
The following events include an HMF FitKids Run. Please click on the link for details.
- O’Shenanigans 5K
- Courthouse O’Putnam 5K
- O’Niantic 5K
- O’Hartford 5K
- Harvard Pilgrim Middletown 10 Mile & Legends Run/Walk
- MahoneySabol 5K
- L+M Hospital Spring Stride 10K and 5K
- CT RACE IN THE PARK 5K
- Hartford HealthCare Mystic Half Marathon & 10K
- Johnson Brunetti 5K & Kids Fun Run
- UConn Health Half Marathon, 10K & 5K on Iron Horse
- Zero Prostate 5K
- Red Dress Run for Women
- Achilles CT Hope & Possibility® Run
- Old Wethersfield 5K & 10K
- Eversource Hartford Marathon & Half Marathon, Team 26.2 Relay and Charity 5K
- Norwich Winterfest 5K
- Blue Back Mitten Run
Kids who want to run the full 5K distance may register for any HMF 5K either online or in person on race day.
- Ages 2-11: HMF FitKids races always $10 (Parents/Guardians run FREE with child)
- Ages 2-17: $15 for 5K (late registration $20)
- Ages 18-22: $5 off any 5K adult entry
HMF FITKIDS IN SCHOOL
HMF is fully committed to helping school children develop a healthy, active lifestyle. Through HMF FitKids in School we support elementary and middle school students with a 6 week, goal oriented running program at NO cost to the student or their participating school. The culmination is a grand “Medal Day” event produced by HMF complete with a 1 mile fun run, music, commemorative finisher medals, t-shirts, cheering spectators, healthy snacks and fitness activities.
- 2200 students participated in HMF FitKids in School programs in 2018
- The Fall Medal Day event will be at Rentschler Field in East Hartford on October 27, 2020.
TEACHERS LOVE IT!
“…our students had such an amazing time at the Final Mile. HMF put on an outstanding event for young people…Start to finish, it was a stellar event. Our kids proudly wore their medals all afternoon at school.” Kristen Frost, St. Bernard School (Enfield)
For more information or to register your school contact Jess Hallet at email@example.com.
HMF RELAY RACERS
HMF FitKids offers its HMF Relay Racers program to those schools and students who wish to complete a 6 week running program at the Eversource Hartford Marathon on October 10, 2020. A teacher or coach representing a school will run the entire Eversource Hartford Marathon or Half Marathon accompanied by a team of students running as a relay team. Each student runs one or more miles depending on his or her ability. In lieu of running the Full or Half Marathon a school may participate in the Team 26.2 Relay and have up to 5 adults each run a leg of the relay with the students. HMF Relay Racers was known for many years as Jeff’s Running Partners program and honors the memory of founding HMF Board member Jeff Partridge.
- Teacher or Coach – FREE entry to Eversource Hartford Marathon, Half Marathon or Team 26.2 Relay (all Relay members receive FREE entry).
- Students – $10 per child
For more information or to register your school contact Jessica Hallet at Jess@hartfordmarathon.com.