Every activity logged gets participants closer to reaching their own streak or activity goal! Run, walk, hike, snowshoe, ski – or hit the elliptical, do an online workout, join a class or have a solo yoga session – it all counts! Just follow the submission instructions below to upload your efforts and turn them into chances to win awesome giveaways!
Participants MUST submit daily activities to their haku participant account that day or by 9:00 AM EST the following day to be eligible to win the daily prize.
Submissions through your haku participant account can be made between 12:00 AM on Monday, January 1 and 9:00 AM on Thursday, February 1, to track personal progress (available after prize eligibility deadline). Submit through one of the following options:
For details regarding activity tracking, wearable devices, timing, and results submission, CLICK HERE
- Option 1 – Sync a compatible wearable device prior to mileage-based activity. Results will be uploaded to your haku results platform once your watch resyncs to your application. Once your device syncs, select the activity to submit for results.
- Compatible with: Suunto / Polar / FitBit / Garmin / Under Armour Fitness
- Don’t have a wearable device? No problem! Download the Free MapMyRun / MapMyWalk / MapMyFitness App on your smartphone and use it to track your pace, time, and distance.
- Note: Only run and walk activities will sync from your wearable. Additional activities must be converted and uploaded manually (see below)
- Option 2 – Enter results manually. Feel free to submit an image for verification of your activity. Enter converted activities as miles manually by using the activity conversion calculator.
Every time you upload your activities to your account it will automatically update the Activity Tracker, which will track miles/mileage conversions, and each day the Streak Tracker will be tabulated and published, highlighting participants streaks and active days.
For issues with haku participant accounts, device syncing or mileage leaderboard data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ACTIVITY CONVERSION CALCULATOR
Download the activity conversion calculator to figure out how many miles your activity is equivalent to, then enter those equivalent run miles into your haku participant account using the manual submission method (see above for details).
Click the button below to download the calculator, then follow the steps at the top to submit the activity by time or mileage to determine equivalent run miles.
WINTER WORKOUT TIPS
Check out video tips for cold weather warm-ups and treadmill injury prevention from Select Physical Therapy. Learn about when to return to running after sickness and preparing for winter workouts from Saint Francis Hospital’s CT Sports Medicine Institute.
LOCAL MEET UPS
Work together! Meeting up with local run groups is a great way to stay motivated and possibly meet a future best friend! Here are a few local weekly run group meet ups that are free to attend:
Fleet Feet Hartford: Fleet Feet, 1003 B Farmington Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06107
- Wednesdays, 6:15 PM /// Saturdays, 8:30 AM /// More Info
Fleet Feet Asheville: Fleet Feet, 8 Town Square Boulevard, Asheville, NC
- Tuesdays, 6 PM /// Saturdays, 7:30 AM /// More Info
Manchester Running Company: Manchester High School, 134 Middle Tpke E, Manchester, CT
- Tuesdays, 6 PM /// More Info
Eight Six Go: Intersection of Ann Uccello @ Pearl Street, Hartford, CT
- Tuesdays, 6 PM /// More Info
For information on other local running clubs in Connecticut, as well as an ever-changing selection of articles, blog posts and videos to educate, visit the HMF Support Hub.
Do I have to do an exact amount of activities/miles/time each day?
NO! You can run, walk or log as many activities, as many miles, for as long as you want each day, it’s up to you! Just pick a goal that motivates you and get after it. Remember to submit each activity into your haku participant account to make sure they get counted toward the leaderboards!
Do I still receive my beanie if I don’t achieve any activity streaks?
YES! The activity streaks are goals, not requirements. All participants can pick up their custom beanie at one of the pickup dates or have the option to wait and have it mailed following the conclusion of the challenge.