The L+M Hospital Summer Stride 5K is a family friendly single-loop course running along sections of beautiful Pequot Avenue with stunning ocean views. The course is relatively flat with long straightaways and is perfect for both runners and walkers.
Male: 16:57 – set by Matthew DeVillers in 2022
Female: 19:42 – set by Tricky Tanksley in 2021
The race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
The 5K will start in the same location as the 10K on Montauk Avenue. Both races will run together for 2.7 miles.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- All awards based on gun time
- No “double dipping”
Walkers welcome! Course limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes. To finish within these time limits 5K participants must maintain a pace of approximately 29:00 minutes per mile. More…
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor):
- Pre & Post Race / Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race
- Medical personnel