The 5K (3.1 miles) is the perfect route for runners and walkers. It starts with the 10K on High Street adjacent to Wesleyan University and loops around campus before a fast downhill to the finish on Old Church Street. Note: The 5K course is not USATF Certified.
Male: 15:26 – set by Alec Sauter in 2022
Female: 20:25 – set by Brianna Vasquez in 2022
The race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
The 5K will start in the same location as the 10K on High Street. Both races will run together for 2.6 miles.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of your race bib). Please wear your race bib on the front of your shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Female Age Group – 9 & under, and 5-year age groups from 10-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Commemorative Awards including Mondo’s Gift Cards to the First Overall Male and First Overall Female from Middlesex County
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
Walkers welcome! Course limit is 1 hour and 25 minutes. To finish within these time limits 5K participants must maintain a pace of approximately 27:25 minutes per mile. More…
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks at finish line and along the course
- Fluid Locations (Water & Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & Mile 1.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Medical personnel