Breathtaking! Flat! Scenic! Did we mention gorgeous? We are thrilled to present our oceanfront half marathon course. We know you will love it as much as we do!
Race start is directly outside the gates of Misquamicut State Beach on Atlantic Avenue. After the gun, head east on Atlantic, which is a straight, well paved road along the beach (mile 1 -2). Turn right to Weekapaug where the course winds around the rocky coastline and through this picturesque beach community (mile 3 – 4). You head back on Atlantic Avenue, right past the starting line where your cheering fans keep your spirits soaring (mile 5 – 6). A right onto Winnepaug Road, left onto First Street and right onto Fisherman’s Avenue (mile 7) takes you past summer cottages and north to Shore Road. Left onto Shore Road for a stunning waterfront tour as you make your way to Watch Hill (mile 8 – 9). Soon you gaze upon impressive Victorian summer homes, the majestic Ocean House and the quaint village of Watch Hill (mile 10) with our perennial favorite restaurant, the Olympic Tea Room. Heading east out of Watch Hill on Oceanview Highway, you will devour a breathtaking trek along oceanfront marshes, stunning homes and the Misquamicut Golf Course (mile 11-12). Turn right on Bayberry and right on Maplewood for the last mile to a glorious finish back on Atlantic Avenue. Gorgeous!
Male: 1:08:40 – set by Matt Pelletier in 2011
Female: 1:17:09 – set by Katie Edwards in 2014
Pace leaders are a free service available to help athletes achieve their goal times. More…
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 5 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 12-14, and 5-year age groups from 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards & Prize Money to the Top 5 Overall Male & Female: $250, $150, $100, $75, $50
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Prize money awarded on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
Course limit is 3 hours for the Surftown Half Marathon. To finish within these time limits you must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. More…
- Live music and entertainment at mile 0.5, 2.1, 4.2, 6.0, 6.7, 8, 10.5, 11.5
- Well marked route, visible mile marks and clocks at mile 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12.
- Fluid stations (Water, Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor) at mile 2.1, 4.2, 6, 7, 8.5, 10, 11.5
- Energy gel at mile 7
- Portalets – pre race area, 2.1, 4.2, 6.7, 10, 11.5