The UConn Health Half is a flat, looping course through the charming Farmington River Valley community of Simsbury, Connecticut. It starts on Iron Horse Boulevard steps from the Simsbury Performing Arts Center with an 8 mile loop before passing by the finish area and heading back out for 5 more miles. Both loops travel along the base of the Metacomet Ridge and feature panoramic views of Talcott Mountain, the Farmington River, sprawling farms, and the iconic Old Drake Hill Flower Bridge. USATF Certified Course: CT22017JHP.
The race start will consist of one corral with “Self Seed” pace per mile signs to assist with participant spacing.
The Half Marathon will start on the west side of the median on Iron Horse Boulevard, near the entrance to the Simsbury Performing Arts Center and adjacent to the finish line. It will then merge with the 5K race about ¼ mile in and both races will run together for roughly 2 miles.
DIVISIONS & AWARDS
This event is timed by Bay State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 12-14 and 5-year age groups 15-80+
- Female Age Group – 12-14 and 5-year age groups 15-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Disabled Athletes More…
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 3 in each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time
- No “double dipping”
Course limit is 3 hours for the UConn Health Half Marathon. To finish within these time limits you must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Half Marathon runners must pass the checkpoint at the 8.2 mile mark within 1 hour and 55 minutes. Runners over this time will be directed to withdraw or run unsupported. More…
Learn more about ProHealth Physicians Pace Teams, a free service available to help athletes achieve their goal times. More…
- Yellow signs with blue arrows mark all turns
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks & timing mats at finish line and along the course
- Fluid Locations (Water & Nuun Sport Strawberry Lemonade flavor)
- Pre/Post Race & every 1 to 2 miles along the course*
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- GU Energy Gel
- Mile 8.5
- Portalets located along the course
- Medical personnel
*Only water served at the first Fluid Station