NEW ENGLAND’S FINEST PROGRAM
Elite runners from New England or New York (determined by the state in which runners are registered to vote) that have met these standards may apply to be recognized by the Hartford Marathon Foundation and New England Runner magazine as New England’s Finest runners and provided with these program benefits:
- Complimentary race entry
- Additional prize money above standard awards. New England’s Finest bonus money corresponds to the finishing place of program participants. Details…
- One room hotel accommodations for one night (Friday, October 7th). Please note, athletes living within 40 miles of Hartford are not eligible for hotel accommodations
- Personalized race bib
- New England’s Finest runner bios and photos in a special supplement in the September 2022 edition of New England Runner magazine.
- Special assistance from Elite Athlete committee including, but not limited to, expedited bib pickup, fluid placement on course, pre-race support, and escort to elite start corral
- Access to the Elite Athlete Tent for you and one (1) companion at race start/finish (massage, refreshments, facilities)
- And more!
To apply, athletes must complete the following form by Sunday, July 24th, 2022. Spots are limited (50 total). After all submissions have been received, the Elite / NEF Committee will come to a decision shortly after. All athletes will be contacted regardless of the outcome of their submission.
Approved NEF applicants then must confirm participation, complete the NEF Questionnaire and return it with a brief running resume/biography to the HMF Elite Coordinator by Sunday, August 13th, 2022. Race registration will be online for all NEF athletes after acceptance into the program.