The Eversource Hartford Marathon course begins at the front steps of the iconic Connecticut State Capitol building. The route travels through downtown Hartford, over the Founders Bridge and into East Hartford showcasing the heart of the city and breathtaking views from both sides of the Connecticut River. Runners then head into the rural and scenic town of South Windsor, where the course highlights its quintessential New England charm. Finally, runners journey back into downtown Hartford where an unforgettable finish awaits under the iconic Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch in Bushnell Park.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
HMF continues to closely monitor best safety practices for outdoor events and plan race details following state and local guidelines. If race modifications are required, details will be updated on site pages and via email to all registered participants.
Male: 2:15:35 – set by Abiyot Endale in 2012
Female: 2:33.26 – set by Ramilia Burangulova in 2003
Masters Male: 2:23:52 – set by Wieslaw Perszke in 2003
Masters Female: 2:33.26 – set by Ramilia Burangulova in 2003
Course Suitability for Disabled Athletes:
Click here for more details.
The marathon race start area will consist of an elite corral, three seeded corrals, as well as an open self seed corral to assist with participant spacing. Estimated finish time is required during the registration process. To update your estimated finish time log into your participant account.
All marathon and half marathon participants will start together in the same location on Capitol Avenue between the Connecticut State Capitol Building and the steps of the Connecticut State Library. Both races will run together for roughly 1.2 miles.
All participants are required to be in the race start area prior to race start. RACE DAY SCHEDULE
The course limit is 6 hours for the Eversource Hartford Marathon. To finish within these time limits, runners must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 6 hours. More…
- All marathon directional signage will be marked in GREEN
- All mile points are marked on the road and with signs
- Clocks & timing mats at the start, finish, and along the route
- See Athlete Tracking section below for more information
- Hydration (Water & Nuun Endurance Lemon Lime flavor. Details…)
- Pre & Post Race, and every 1 to 2 miles along course beginning at mile 2.5
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- GU Energy Gel
- Three locations along the course at miles: 8.5, 13.6, & 20.5
- Candy Stand: If your energy is flagging, you’ll find a burst of tasty treats and motivations waiting for you with an assortment of candy, sugary delights, and flat soda!
- Mile 22
- On Course Entertainment
- Portalets: Pre/Post Race & along the course
- Medical personnel
- Event alert system notifications at the pre-race area & water stations along the course. More…
- Injured runners – injured runners will be transported either to the Medical Unit at the finish line or Hartford Hospital (emergency phone: 860-545-5000). All runners are asked to help by reporting injuries or downed runners to fluid station personnel or route monitors along the course.
- Drop out runners – runners unable to finish the race may stop at any water station along the course for assistance. Sweep vans pick up runners when possible and drop them off at the finish area. If you drop out of the race, remove your B-Tag and dispose of it before crossing the finish line.
Learn more about ProHealth Physicians Pace Teams, a free service available to help athletes achieve their goal times. More…
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
This event is timed by Granite State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 5 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Master’s Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 16-19, and 5-year age groups from 20-80+
- Female Age Group – 16-19, and 5-year age groups from 20-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Non-Binary More…
- Physically Challenged
- Push-rim wheelchair (no awards in the hand-crank division)
- Visually Impaired/Blind Runners division
- Prize Money to the top finishers. Details…
- Separate Prize Money awarded to top New England’s Finest Program finishers. Details…
- Monetary awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time.
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 5 Overall and Top 3 in Each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time
- Division awards based on net time
- No “double-dipping”
Marathon finishers can use “net” time for qualifying for the Boston Marathon. Net time starts as runners leave the start line and B-Tag is noted, so this time shows actual time on the course. Results are automatically sent to the B.A.A. from the Hartford Marathon Foundation.
WANDA AGE GROUP QUALIFYING
The Eversource Hartford Marathon has been selected as an AbbottWMM Wanda Age Group World Ranking qualifying race. All eligible finishers will automatically earn points according to their age, time and gender, aligned with the following age groups for men and women: 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+. Click Here…
Eversource Hartford Marathon participants can get real-time athlete updates. Participants or spectators can follow along and receive real-time updates with course time and pace from the start line, finish line and split mats along the route.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Baby Jogger/Strollers are NOT permitted on the marathon and half marathon race courses, but will be allowed in the 5K race, please see details on the stroller policy HERE.
Stay tuned! Entertainment details coming soon!