New course in 2021! The Eversource Hartford Marathon showcases the revitalized riverfronts of Hartford and East Hartford with breathtaking views of the Connecticut River and classic New England charm of Old Main Street, South Windsor.
SOCIAL DISTANCE RACING:
Effective May 19, 2021, per order of CT Governor Ned Lamont, face masks will not be required at outdoor events in Connecticut. Keeping with state recommendations, runners, volunteers, spectators and staff will not be required to wear masks at any Hartford Marathon Foundation (HMF) event. We encourage those more comfortable wearing masks to continue to do so and urge unvaccinated participants attending HMF Events to wear a face mask for their own safety and for the safety of those who have vulnerable conditions or weakened immune systems. All participants are encouraged to maintain at least 6 feet of spacing from others not in their party at all times, and 12 feet of spacing while running.
Male: 2:15:35 – set by Abiyot Endale in 2012
Female: 2:33.26 – set by Ramilia Burangulova in 2003
Masters Male: 2:23:52 – set by Wieslaw Perszke in 2003
Masters Female: 2:33.26 – set by Ramilia Burangulova in 2003
Course Suitability for Disabled Athletes:
Click here for more details.
Marathon course limit is 6 hours. Course limit is based on the start time of the final start wave. To finish within these time limits, runners must maintain a pace of approximately 13:44 minutes per mile. Official finishing times are recorded through 6 hours. More…
- Mile markers at every mile.
- Timing tracking mats at Start and every 5K mark along the route.
- ChronoTrack B-Tag Timing and Results.
- Hydration (water and Nuun Sport Lemon Lime flavor. Details…)
- Pre & Post Race / Every 1 to 2 miles along course
- Open cup service, handed out at arms length
- Elongated water station layout to prevent participant congestion
- Participants are encouraged to carry their own fluids
- GU Energy Gel
- Three locations along course
- Candy Stand: If your energy is flagging, you’ll find a burst of tasty treats and motivations waiting for you with an assortment of candy, sugary delights, and flat soda!
- Mile 22
- Entertainment, toilets, medical support along the entire route.
- Event alert system notifications at the pre-race area & water stations along the course. More…
- Injured runners – injured runners will be transported either to the Medical Unit at the finish line or Hartford Hospital (emergency phone: 860-545-5000). All runners are asked to help by reporting injuries or downed runners to fluid station personnel or route monitors along the course.
- Drop out runners – runners unable to finish the race may stop at any fluid station along the course for assistance. Sweep vans pick up runners when possible and drop them off at the finish area. If you drop out of the race, remove your B-Tag and dispose of it before crossing the finish line.
Modifications to start procedures is the pivotal control point that enables social distancing throughout the entire race course, finish line area, and post event services.
Start Corrals will be implemented:
- Start Corral assignments will seed similar paced participants together in the same corrals
- Start Corrals will begin from fastest seed to slowest seed
- Start Corrals to begin at a time frequency to support social distancing along the entire race course
- Start Corral assignments will be visible on race bibs
- Time allowed for all participants to cross the starting line increases by over 200%
Registrants must submit an estimated finish time during the registration process and these times will aid in seeding runners. All participants are required to be at the race start area prior to the start of the first wave.
All participants will be notified by email in advance of the race or during packet pickup of their start corral assignment – requests to change start corrals will not be accepted.
On race day, you must start your race during your selected start corral.
Pace leaders are a free service available to help athletes achieve their goal times.
More details coming soon.
DIVISIONS AND AWARDS
This event is timed by Granite State Race Services and uses the B-Tag timing system (timing chip is attached to the back of the race bib). Please wear the race bib on the front of the shirt.
- Top 5 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Master’s Male and Female
- Male Age Group – 16-19, and 5-year age groups from 20-80+
- Female Age Group – 16-19, and 5-year age groups from 20-80+
- Clydesdale (men 200+lbs.)
- Athena (women 150+lbs.)
- Physically Challenged
- Push-rim wheelchair (no awards in the hand-crank division)
- Visually Impaired/Blind Runners division
- Prize Money to the top finishers. More…
- Separate Prize Money awarded to top New England’s Finest finishers. More…
- Monetary awards based on gun time, all others awarded on chip time.
- Commemorative Awards to the Top 5 Overall and Top 3 in Each Division
- Overall awards based on gun time
- Division awards based on net time
- No “double-dipping”
Marathon finishers can use “net” time for qualifying for the Boston Marathon. Net time starts as runners leave the start line and B-Tag is noted, so this time shows actual time on the course. Results are automatically sent to the B.A.A. from the Hartford Marathon Foundation.
WANDA AGE GROUP QUALIFYING
The Eversource Hartford Marathon has been selected as an AbbottWMM Wanda Age Group World Ranking qualifying race. All eligible finishers will automatically earn points according to their age, time and gender, aligned with the following age groups for men and women: 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+. Click Here…
Eversource Hartford Marathon participants can get real-time athlete updates. Athletes or spectators can follow along and receive real-time updates with course time and pace from the every 5K split and at the finish line. Details on how to sign up will be emailed to all participants closer to the event.
Baby Jogger/Strollers are NOT permitted in the marathon and half marathon races but will be allowed in the 5K race, please see details on the stroller policy HERE.
Plenty of it! Check back later for details!